Woman gang-raped during robbery in Rawalpindi
Police said Wednesday the victim, whose name has not been disclosed yet, was alone at home as her husband had left for his native village in Kasur when the suspects barged into her house disguised as “security officials”.
The robbers locked the gate from inside, snatched the victim’s mobile phone, locked her up in her own bedroom and then sexually assaulted her one after another.
The robbers also took away gold items, two LED TV sets, and Rs177,000 in cash and threatened the victim of dire consequences if she told anyone about the episode.
Rawat Station House Officer (SHO) Inspector Ijaz Qureshi told a local media outlet that a case was lodged on the victim’s complaint and two of the seven suspects, identified as Sulaiman Fayyaz, Noman Khan, Taimoor alias Sunny, Waqas alias Cheeku, Yasir Pathan, Atif and Zeeshan alias Mani, were taken into custody.
Further raids were being carried out to arrest the rest after launching an investigation into the incident, SHO Qureshi added.
- 'Joints for jabs': Activists distribute free marijuana to vaccinated ...02:59 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Syra Yousaf’s birthday bash photos go viral06:02 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Celebrity babies born in 202105:19 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021