Imran Khan's third marriage: Who is Bushra Maneka and where did she first meet PTI chief?
LAHORE - The rumours of Imran Khan’s ‘third marriage’ took Pakistan by storm on Saturday, becoming the hottest topic in the country.
It all started after The News published a report claiming that the PTI chairman had married a woman whom he regarded as his faith leader in a secret ceremony on Jan 1.
According to a statement issued by the party on Sunday, Khan had proposed marriage to Bushra Maneka, who has "asked for time to make a final decision after consulting her family, including her children".
Official Statement issued by Chairman Secretariat. pic.twitter.com/29p2VJu20u
Bushra Maneka, who is in her 40s, is from the influential Wattoo clan, of which the Manekas are a sub-clan. She was married to Khawar Farid Maneka, a senior customs official in Islamabad.
Reports suggest that the PTI chief had first met with Bushra, also known as ‘Pinki’ in the area, shortly before the 2015 by-election in Lodhran for the NA-154 seat.
Bushra has already formally separated from her former husband, son of former Federal Minister Ghulam Farid Maneka. She has five children from Mr Maneka - two sons and three daughters.
Bushra’s two sons - Ibrahim and Musa – are graduates of Lahore’s Aitchison College, the alma mater of Imran Khan, and are currently studying abroad.
Bushra’s eldest daughter, Mehru, is the daughter-in-law of Punjab MPA Mian Atta Muhammad Maneka.
Her former husband has previously served as the assistant collector, deputy collector and additional collector in different parts of Pakistan and Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi last month approved his promotion in BPS-21.
Both Maneka and Bushra are from southern Punjab.
Khan’s party says that if Bushra and her family would accept the proposal then Imran will announce it himself. Until then it has been requested that the media should respect his privacy.
The PTI chief was married twice but none of his marriages worked. He married Jemima Goldsmith, a British national, in 1995 and ended his relationship with her in 2004.
He then married Reham Khan in 2015 but the relationship ended within just 10 months.
- Three Pakistani soldiers martyred in Balochistan terrorist attack09:49 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan stands by Turkey against FETO threat, Imran tells Erdogan09:29 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- UAE’s Covid-19 vaccine enters final testing stage09:25 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Pakistani university announces fee waiver for Spring semester amid ...09:18 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Coronavirus – Punjab extends lockdown till July 3009:03 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Asim and I share a bond beyond anyone’s comprehension: Hania Amir05:22 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Hadiqa Kiani releases song to pay tribute to Kashmiri Martyrs12:38 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Nadia Jamil updates her fans about her recovery after chemo12:13 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020