UN General Assembly elects 5 new Security Council members
NEW YORK – The United Nations General Assembly has elected Estonia, Niger, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Tunisia and Viet Nam as non-permanent members of the Security Council for next two-year.
They will fill Council seats to be vacated on 31 December by Côte d’Ivoire, Equatorial Guinea, Kuwait, Peru and Poland.
Belgium, Dominican Republic, Germany, Indonesia and South Africa will continue as elected members, completing the second year of their respective terms in 2020.
All new Council members will take their seats on 1st January next year.
- 'Pakistan to boost soybean yield by using China’s intercropping ...04:40 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Malik Riaz refutes allegations leveled against him in Uzma Khan ...02:01 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Islamabad makes wearing face masks mandatory in all public places12:31 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Pakistan marks “World No Tobacco Day” today11:49 AM | 31 May, 2020
- NDMA activates another two separate hotlines to counter locust, ...11:27 AM | 31 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Kylie Jenner is not a billionaire, says Forbes03:09 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Grammy-winning artists from 7 countries collaborate for a Pakistani ...05:16 PM | 29 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020