Treason case against Musharraf to be heard on daily basis
The decision was made by a three-member bench headed by Justice Waqar Ahmad Seth on Tuesday which also instructed all parties to submit their written arguments before the next hearing of the case.
At the outset of the hearing, Musharraf's counsel Raza Bashir submitted an application through another fellow for deferment of the hearing due to his health.
It said that the counsel [Bashir] was suffering from dengue fever; the plea was granted.
This is not the first time instructions have been issued for the daily hearing of the high-profile case as, during the last hearing in September, the court had ordered that the proceedings would resume on a daily basis from October 8.
The high treason trial of former president for imposing the state of emergency on Nov 3, 2007 has been pending since December 2013.
In June this year, the special court in Islamabad revoked Musharraf’s right of defence due to his continued absence before the court in the high treason case.
The latest decision comes amid reports that the former president, who is head of All Pakistan Muslim League is seeking to revive his political party to take part in politics.
Musharraf plans revival of party to re-enter ... 09:02 PM | 5 Oct, 2019
DUBAI - With an improvement in health condition, former president Gen (retd) Pervez Musharraf plans to take part in ...
The former president had been recovering in Dubai after suffering from what was termed a rare disease by a section of the media, however, he is considering to flex his muscles in politics for one more time.
- Ashraf Ghani declared winner of Afghan presidential poll10:33 PM | 18 Feb, 2020
- Pakistan reiterates demand for justice for victims of Samjhauta ...09:29 PM | 18 Feb, 2020
- At Kartarpur, UNSG lauds Pakistan’s efforts for peace, interfaith ...08:20 PM | 18 Feb, 2020
- Nationwide polio immunization drive continues to vaccinate 39 million ...05:20 PM | 18 Feb, 2020
- Justin Bieber admits to being 'reckless' with Selena when they dated11:17 AM | 18 Feb, 2020
- Mahira Khan and Fahad Mustafa finish shooting for Quaid-e-Azam ...10:58 AM | 18 Feb, 2020
- FIR lodged against Solis Festival, company blacklisted: DC Islamabad10:56 AM | 18 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019