Sanaullah Zehri resigns as Balochistan CM
Failing to address the reservations of his cabinet members who tabled a no-confidence vote against him, Zehri forwarded his resignation to Balochistan Governor Muhammad Khan Achakzai who accepted it without any delay.
'I would continue serving the masses' expressed the outgoing legislator and admitted that many of the legislators were not satisfied with his leadership.
I can confirm CM Balochistan tendered resignation following spirit of democratic principles. He thanked party MPAs & coalition partners 4 their support. He decided 2 bring an end to instability. He said #CPEC 2 continue.— Jan Achakzai / جان اچکزئی (@Jan_Achakzai) January 9, 2018
Earlier, Sarfraz Bugti, the former home minister of Pakistan's biggest land-wise province took to the micro-blogging site and expressed gratitude over the decision.
Alhumdulillah! CM #Balochistan resigned— Senator Sarfraz Bugti (@PakSarfrazbugti) January 9, 2018
The resignation came hours before the Balochistan assembly was set to vote over the no-confidence motion tabled against Zehri by the lawmakers.
The motion, which was submitted on January 2 by Mir Abdul Quddus Bizenjo and Syed Agha Raza, was signed by a total of 14 parliamentarians.
In order to dismiss the motion, the provincial chief executive needed to get 33 votes from a house of 65 members.
- Four young Kashmiris martyred in fresh act of Indian terrorism02:48 PM | 25 May, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 56,000 cases of coronavirus – 1,154 confirmed ...01:51 PM | 25 May, 2020
- Airbus team to arrive in Karachi today for investigation of PIA plane ...01:25 PM | 25 May, 2020
- How much does Ahmed Shah earn from Fahad Mustafa’s Jeeto Pakistan?08:41 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Zara Abid presumed dead, not amongst the survivors of PIA plane crash05:13 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Netflix announces Élite season 4 with returning cast members04:07 PM | 23 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020