India to host T20 WC in March-April 2016
The ICC Board took some important decisions as they also reinstated the use of a Super Over in the event of a tie in the ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 final.
The ICC Board reinstated the use of a Super Over in the event of a tie in the ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 final. This now replicates the arrangements for the ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 final and other recent ICC events where a winner will be determined on the day of the final (weather permitting), and a Super Over was the most credible way to separate the two sides.
The ICC Board also approved a change to the application of ICC Code of Conduct offences relating to slow over-rates in ICC events so that captains do not carry any prior minor over-rate offence 'strikes' or over-rate suspensions from other series into an ICC event.
This approval means all captains will enter the ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 with no over-rate 'strikes' against their names, and they will only be suspended from playing in an ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 match if over-rate offences are committed during the event.
Any over-rate 'strikes' incurred prior to the ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 will be carried forward to the first bilateral series after the event.
- ‘PSL more rewarding than IPL’ – Dale Steyn slams Indian cricket ...03:40 PM | 2 Mar, 2021
- realme set to unveil an ultimate gaming device with a powerful ...03:24 PM | 2 Mar, 2021
- Nigerian governor says 279 kidnapped schoolgirls are freed02:47 PM | 2 Mar, 2021
- Sanam Jung addresses divorce rumours and why she isn’t living with ...10:52 PM | 1 Mar, 2021
- Kareena Kapoor Khan drops a stunning selfie after second child's birth08:11 PM | 1 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021