CJP Nisar takes notice of children's death due to malnutrition in Thar
The Chief Justice has summoned the additional secretary general Sindh , stating that the issue is being faced by people since long.
He said, "Court wants solution of this issue and not the report". The top judge remarked that he could not see the people dying, adding that he will go and sit there if the matter was not resolved.
The recent death of three children has taken the death toll in Tharparker to seven for this month (October) and 483 for the year
According to the health department, every year 1,500 children die due to malnutrition , infections and lack of proper medical facilities in the remote region.
A report released by the United Nation’s Children Fund in April stated that Pakistan is among countries with the highest infant mortality rates, with 22 infants dying before turning one month old.
- Palestinian-Israeli conflict: Pakistan urges UN to play its central ...12:31 PM | 23 Jan, 2020
- Cameras installed in Islamabad police uniforms to improve performance11:51 AM | 23 Jan, 2020
- Petition filed by woman to halt the finale of Mere Paas Tum Ho11:46 AM | 23 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019