CJP Nisar takes notice of children's death due to malnutrition in Thar
The Chief Justice has summoned the additional secretary general Sindh, stating that the issue is being faced by people since long.
He said, "Court wants solution of this issue and not the report". The top judge remarked that he could not see the people dying, adding that he will go and sit there if the matter was not resolved.
The recent death of three children has taken the death toll in Tharparker to seven for this month (October) and 483 for the year
According to the health department, every year 1,500 children die due to malnutrition, infections and lack of proper medical facilities in the remote region.
A report released by the United Nation’s Children Fund in April stated that Pakistan is among countries with the highest infant mortality rates, with 22 infants dying before turning one month old.
- Pakistan condemns assassination of Afghan women judges in Kabul12:00 AM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Wandering snow leopard killed after attacking man in Abbottabad10:36 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Goswami whatsapp leaks exposes "unholy nexus between Hindutva regime ...08:42 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Intrigue Grows as Celebrities and Influencers Upload Pictures with ...03:45 PM | 15 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- 10 women celebs who lent their star power to UN06:50 PM | 5 Jan, 2021