Pakistani stocks dip last day of week
KARACHI (Staff Report) - Pakistan Stock Exchange closed lower than its previous level on last day of the week.
The benchmark 100-share index of the Pakistan Stock Exchange ended 1.27 percent lower at 36,940.88 points.
Pakistan's stock exchange was dropped from the MSCI Emerging Markets Index in 2008 but the country has in recent months launched a final push to get back in so it can vastly expand its pool of potential investors.
Volume fell 22 percent to 109 million shares while value rose 3 percent to 7 billion rupees.
- Govt will ensure Pakistan fulfills its enormous maritime potential, ...01:22 PM | 15 Aug, 2020
- Seven-day anti-polio drive starts across Sindh12:36 PM | 15 Aug, 2020
- Private schools in KP reopened after five months closure12:14 PM | 15 Aug, 2020
- Toshakhana reference: Nawaz challenges NAB's summoning in IHC11:37 AM | 15 Aug, 2020
- COAS, Bill Gates discuss Pakistan's Covid-19 response, resumption of ...10:59 AM | 15 Aug, 2020
- Momina Mustehsan, Muneeb Butt call out Kangana Ranaut for spreading ...05:43 PM | 14 Aug, 2020
- FIR lodged against Saba Qamar and Bilal Saeed05:09 PM | 14 Aug, 2020
- Abida Parveen, Ali Zafar and Humayun Saeed among others honoured ...04:39 PM | 14 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020