Arrest warrants issued against former PM Shahid Khaqan Abbasi
LAHORE - The Lahore High Court issued bailable arrest warrants of former prime minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi in a case regarding the leakage of sensitive information on Monday.
Besides Abbasi, former prime minister Nawaz Sharif and Dawn reporter Cyril Almeida have also been issued notices by the august court.
A full bench of the Lahore High Court had issued notices to Abbasi and his predecessor Nawaz Sharif on June 26.
In a petition, an action was sought against Sharif for trying to defame state institutions while Abbasi was accused of disclosing minutes of the National Security Council’s meeting to Nawaz Sharif.
Shahid Khaqan Abbasi is set to contest by-elections for NA-124 seat falling in Lahore, on October 14th.
- Pakistan has cheapest fuel cost in South Asia, says PM Iman11:56 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Two Pakistan High commission officials asked to leave India in 24 ...10:40 PM | 31 May, 2020
- ‘History in Making’ — Pakistani plane flies directly to US for ...10:07 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Petrol price slashed by Rs7.06 per litre in Pakistan09:01 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Raising a daughter is a huge responsibility: Humaima Malick05:08 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Kylie Jenner is not a billionaire, says Forbes03:09 PM | 30 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020