Arrest warrants issued against former PM Shahid Khaqan Abbasi
LAHORE - The Lahore High Court issued bailable arrest warrants of former prime minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi in a case regarding the leakage of sensitive information on Monday.
Besides Abbasi, former prime minister Nawaz Sharif and Dawn reporter Cyril Almeida have also been issued notices by the august court.
A full bench of the Lahore High Court had issued notices to Abbasi and his predecessor Nawaz Sharif on June 26.
In a petition, an action was sought against Sharif for trying to defame state institutions while Abbasi was accused of disclosing minutes of the National Security Council’s meeting to Nawaz Sharif.
Shahid Khaqan Abbasi is set to contest by-elections for NA-124 seat falling in Lahore, on October 14th.
- Pakistan's Kasur comes under locust swarms attack after 50 years01:11 PM | 16 Feb, 2020
- FATF to review Pakistan's performance in crucial meeting this week12:06 PM | 16 Feb, 2020
- Police arrest woman in connection with PPP MPA's assasination11:38 AM | 16 Feb, 2020
- UN Secretary General Guterres reaches Pakistan on four-day visit10:57 AM | 16 Feb, 2020
- Shahid Afridi and wife welcome 5th baby girl01:41 PM | 15 Feb, 2020
- 10 restaurants in Lahore for a romantic date on V-day12:08 PM | 13 Feb, 2020
- Sophie Turner and Joe Jonas are reportedly expecting their first ...10:26 AM | 13 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019