Pakistan wants friendly, lasting ties with new US administration, says Sartaj Aziz
KARACHI - Adviser to the Prime Minister on Foreign Affairs, Sartaj Aziz Saturday said that Pakistan desired good, friendly and lasting ties with the new administration of United States.
He was talking to media men at the Pakistan Institute of International Affairs (PIIA). Sartaj Aziz said that Prime Minister Muhammad Nawaz Sharif's first contact with US President Donald Trump was a very pleasant one.
Pakistan and US have some common objectives mainly the situation in Afghanistan, eradication of terrorism and enhancement in trade.
He further pointed out that Pakistan would continue to raise the Kashmir issue at every forum and platform and `I have given a policy statement on the floor of the House as well'.
The Adviser said that for the resolution of this outstanding issue, a number of letters had already been written to the United Nations Secretary General and the UN Security Council in this very regard.
He stated that Indian had been trying to divert world attention on the Kashmir issue by imputing false and baseless allegations.
However, now there are voices emerging from within India itself that the Kashmir issue is a reality and its solution would have to be found.
Sartaj Aziz also spoke of the blatant violations of the Line of Control (LOC) by India and pointed out that Pakistan gave a befitting reply to the unprovoked Indian firing along the cease fire line from time to time.
He said that India has now realized that the Kashmir issue cannot be suppressed.
To a question regarding the detention of Hafiz Muhammad Saeed, the Adviser said that Hafiz Saeed had been detained under the National Action Plan and this matter pertains to the Ministry of Interior.
To another question, he said that there is no plan under consideration for placing travel restrictions on the Pakistanis by the US. – APP
- Three Pakistan soldiers martyred in Balochistan terrorist attack09:49 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- UAE moves to third stage of COVID-19 vaccine trials09:46 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan stands by Turkey against FETO threat, Imran tells Erdogan09:29 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- UAE’s Covid-19 vaccine enters final testing stage09:25 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Pakistani university announces fee waiver for Spring semester amid ...09:18 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Asim and I share a bond beyond anyone’s comprehension: Hania Amir05:22 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Hadiqa Kiani releases song to pay tribute to Kashmiri Martyrs12:38 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Nadia Jamil updates her fans about her recovery after chemo12:13 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020