CJP Justice Saqib Nisar takes notice of declaring a minor girl ‘vani’ by jirga
Jirga was held by decision-making assembly of Mazari tribe’s elders in a border town of Sindh and Balochistan where they declared a minor girld “vani”.
The apex court has sought report from Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Ghotki in 48 hours.
Ali Hasan, a resident of district Ghotki, sent an application to Human Right Cell Supreme Court alleging that a few influential people of Mazari tribe held a jirga and imposed fine Rs 300,000 on the applicant.
He said if he could not pay the penalty, his three-year-old daughter to be given in promise of marriage. He requested protection of his daughter and legal action against the jirga.
- Maryam Nawaz 'was given rat-contaminated food in Kot Lakhpat Jail'10:46 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Pakistan not considering recognition of Israel, says FO09:46 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- COVID restrictions – Sindh extends business timing over traders's ...08:43 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- When will Shehbaz Sharif, son Hamza be released on parole?07:45 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Nabeel Zuberi takes lead role in Aulaad05:29 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Mehwish Hayat gets surprised by some secret admirer (VIDEO)05:21 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020