CJP Justice Saqib Nisar takes notice of declaring a minor girl ‘vani’ by jirga
Jirga was held by decision-making assembly of Mazari tribe’s elders in a border town of Sindh and Balochistan where they declared a minor girld “vani”.
The apex court has sought report from Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Ghotki in 48 hours.
Ali Hasan, a resident of district Ghotki, sent an application to Human Right Cell Supreme Court alleging that a few influential people of Mazari tribe held a jirga and imposed fine Rs 300,000 on the applicant.
He said if he could not pay the penalty, his three-year-old daughter to be given in promise of marriage. He requested protection of his daughter and legal action against the jirga.
- Big Mac lover celebrates 50th anniversary of eating ‘best ...09:41 PM | 19 May, 2022
- New Zealand pays Pakistan compensation for abruptly ending 2021 tour09:35 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Minimum fine of Rs2,000 for traffic violation in Lahore09:10 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Pakistan Army soldier martyred in South Waziristan IED explosion08:15 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Sunny Leone’s video of getting body massage goes viral06:50 PM | 19 May, 2022
- 'Willing to play Maryam Nawaz on-screen' – Saba Qamar reveals her ...05:55 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Yumna Zaidi and Merub Ali win hearts with latest video05:09 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Dollar hits all-time high at Rs19212:45 PM | 12 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022