CJP Justice Saqib Nisar takes notice of declaring a minor girl ‘vani’ by jirga
Jirga was held by decision-making assembly of Mazari tribe’s elders in a border town of Sindh and Balochistan where they declared a minor girld “vani”.
The apex court has sought report from Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Ghotki in 48 hours.
Ali Hasan, a resident of district Ghotki, sent an application to Human Right Cell Supreme Court alleging that a few influential people of Mazari tribe held a jirga and imposed fine Rs 300,000 on the applicant.
He said if he could not pay the penalty, his three-year-old daughter to be given in promise of marriage. He requested protection of his daughter and legal action against the jirga.
- Pakistan appoints fourth finance minister in two years in latest ...07:02 PM | 16 Apr, 2021
- CPEC guarantor of Pakistan's progressive future: Ch. Sarwar06:33 PM | 16 Apr, 2021
- Sirbaz Khan, Abdul Joshi become first Pakistani climbers to summit ...06:02 PM | 16 Apr, 2021
- NACTA adds TLP to banned outfits’ list of Pakistan05:49 PM | 16 Apr, 2021
- Hassan Ali pens birthday note for ‘beautiful wife’04:40 PM | 16 Apr, 2021
- Kareena Kapoor Khan gives insight into her weekend04:17 PM | 16 Apr, 2021
- Meera all set to launch her clothing and lipstick line03:51 PM | 16 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021
- Ten New IPO Billionaires in 202107:59 PM | 8 Apr, 2021