PM Imran directs to clear outstanding dues of media houses
He said this while giving details of a meeting held with Prime Minister Imran Khan in the chair to discuss media-related matters on Monday.
He said it would help to check retrenchment of employees from various media outlets.
The issue of outstanding payments of media also came under discussion.
The minister said the meeting decided that from now onwards a transparent advertisement policy will be chalked out to deal with this matter purely on merit basis.
He said PTI government has already abolished censorship on state-run media and now it will abolish the government's control on the advertisement policy.
The minister regretted that the previous governments misused advertisement for their own political purposes.
- OIC concerned over life imprisonment for Kashmiri leader Yasin Malik01:20 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Govt announces criteria for ‘Sasta Petrol’ relief package12:40 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Electricity tariff to be increased for revival of IMF loan programme: ...10:45 AM | 28 May, 2022
- New Zealand PM pays tribute to Pakistan's Benazir Bhutto at Harvard07:07 PM | 27 May, 2022
- TikToker Dolly's bail plea in forest fire case dismissed by Islamabad ...06:09 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Shyra Roy shares her working experience with Hrithik Roshan07:53 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022