PM Imran directs to clear outstanding dues of media houses
ISLAMABAD - Information Minister Chaudhry Fawad Hussain says Prime Minister Imran Khan has directed media houses to clear outstanding dues.
He said this while giving details of a meeting held with Prime Minister Imran Khan in the chair to discuss media-related matters on Monday.
He said it would help to check retrenchment of employees from various media outlets.
The issue of outstanding payments of media also came under discussion.
The minister said the meeting decided that from now onwards a transparent advertisement policy will be chalked out to deal with this matter purely on merit basis.
He said PTI government has already abolished censorship on state-run media and now it will abolish the government's control on the advertisement policy.
The minister regretted that the previous governments misused advertisement for their own political purposes.
- Protests against Modi govt spread across India against discriminatory ...11:55 AM | 14 Dec, 2019
- PIC’s emergency ward reopened, while OPD, indoor services remain ...11:09 AM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan urges all Muslim countries devise joint strategy to stop ...10:39 AM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Rihanna documentary sold to Amazon for $25 Million05:07 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- Thank you so much for 3 million followers: Imran Abbas04:53 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019