PM Imran directs to clear outstanding dues of media houses
ISLAMABAD - Information Minister Chaudhry Fawad Hussain says Prime Minister Imran Khan has directed media houses to clear outstanding dues.
He said this while giving details of a meeting held with Prime Minister Imran Khan in the chair to discuss media-related matters on Monday.
He said it would help to check retrenchment of employees from various media outlets.
The issue of outstanding payments of media also came under discussion.
The minister said the meeting decided that from now onwards a transparent advertisement policy will be chalked out to deal with this matter purely on merit basis.
He said PTI government has already abolished censorship on state-run media and now it will abolish the government's control on the advertisement policy.
The minister regretted that the previous governments misused advertisement for their own political purposes.
- IMF predicts recovery in Pakistan's economy during 202112:12 AM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 245,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,105 confirmed ...11:08 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- School of Tomorrow – The world’s premier schools & societies ...10:11 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran intervenes as PIA suffers setbacks over license scandal09:53 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Punjab’s youngest MPA Sania Ashiq tests positive for coronavirus08:53 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Actress Naya Rivera presumed dead after disappearance on boat trip ...01:41 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Meghan Markle, Priyanka Chopra, Michelle Obama to speak at UN's ...11:55 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- I will not no longer do item songs in films: Sadaf Sabzwari11:45 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020