Mawra Hoccane, Mahira Khan are full of praise for Atif Aslam's 'Wohi Khuda Hai'
LAHORE- The first episode of the long awaited season 12 is finally out and we have it on repeat!
Wohi Khuda Hai released on 11th October 2019. Penned by Muzaffar Warsi, the lyrics of Wohi Khuda Hai praise GOD as the One Creator of a system that runs and maintains an order of the universe in balance and harmony.
The piece goes on to describe this in the various experiences of the human connection with the Divine; through the seen and unseen and, ultimately, with one’s heart and soul.
The rendition presents Atif Aslam in a space that offers an exploration of the essence of the Hamd, by witnessing the play of a soundscape that serves the contemplative nature of the verses.
Wohi Khuda Hai is an exploration of wonder and awe at the capacity and ability of Creation and a means to reflect on its beauty. For this season, Atif Aslam brings to the canvas of Coke Studio experimentation of ambient and introspective discovery – once again exploring the melodies hidden in his voice and showcasing his versatility with genres that are new to his repertoire.
Actors Mawra Hocane and Mahira Khan are in love with Atif’s melodious voice and so are we!
“Atif Aslam and Rohail Hayat in the house! Ufff… Goosebumps and tears,” the Superstar actor wrote.
Mawra, on the other hand, tweeted, “Ufff! MashAllah! Incredibly gifted artist, Atif Aslam. This has been my favourite hamd all my childhood and Atif and team Coke Studio has more than just lived up to the expectations. Brilliant!”
Ufff! MashAllah! Incredibly gifted artist @itsaadee— MAWRA HOCANE (Hussain) (@MawraHocane) October 11, 2019
This has been my fav hamd all my childhood & Atif and team coke studio has more than just lived up to the expectations. Brilliant!
I’m teary & grateful❤️❤️❤️❤️💫
Koi to hai jo.. nizam e hasti chala raha hai.. Wohi KHUDA hai.. 👆🏻 https://t.co/YYNl3K9vMx
“I’m teary and grateful,” she said.
A piece that was originally made iconic in the vocals of Ustad Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, Wohi Khuda Hai remains a national favourite, as a composition that has been etched into our cultural framework.
It has been sung and covered countless times across the globe, taking on different colours, profoundly impacting audiences with the universal appeal of its poetry.
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more updates!
- Coronavirus – Punjab extends lockdown till July 3009:03 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 255,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,365 confirmed ...08:48 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- TCL Pakistan debuts expanded range of QLED TVs featuring Quantum ...08:37 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- COAS Bajwa makes young cancer patient's dream come true08:31 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- TECNO’s #GiveMe5withSpark5 challenge breaks a record of 100M views ...07:44 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Asim and I share a bond beyond anyone’s comprehension: Hania Amir05:22 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Hadiqa Kiani releases song to pay tribute to Kashmiri Martyrs12:38 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Nadia Jamil updates her fans about her recovery after chemo12:13 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020