NAB 'raids' residence of ex-CM Shehbaz Sharif's daughter in Lahore
LAHORE - The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) has raided the house of former Punjab chief minister Shehbaz Sharif at the Model Town area of the provincial capital, reports local media on Saturday.
Prior to the NAB’s action, police have surrounded the area and have not allowed anyone to go to the area.
Commenting on the development, PML-N’s spokesperson Maryam Aurangzeb, said what kind of accountability is this? How can one raid at someone's residential place without giving any notice," she asked.
The NAB has already summoned Shehbaz's wife on April 17, daughter Rabia Sharif on April 18, and Javeria Sharif on April 19.
They have been summoned for questioning regarding business transactions, the NAB official added.
Hamza Shehbaz has also been summoned on April 15 in a case pertaining to construction of a nullah from government money.
The LHC on Monday restrained NAB from arresting Hamza. NAB had carried out two successive raids last week at Shehbaz's Model Town residence to arrest Hamza.
However, NAB has denied any raid and clarified the officials went there just to serve the notices.
- 'Pakistan to boost soybean yield by using China’s intercropping ...04:40 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Malik Riaz refutes allegations leveled against him in Uzma Khan ...02:01 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Islamabad makes wearing face masks mandatory in all public places12:31 PM | 31 May, 2020
- NDMA activates another two separate hotlines to counter locust, ...11:27 AM | 31 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Kylie Jenner is not a billionaire, says Forbes03:09 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Grammy-winning artists from 7 countries collaborate for a Pakistani ...05:16 PM | 29 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020