PM Imran expresses disappointment over Punjab Assembly decision to raise ministers’ pay
The Prime Minister took to Twitter and wrote: “I am extremely disappointed by decision of Punjab Assembly to raise pays & privileges of MPAs, Ministers & esp CM.”
I am extremely disappointed by decision of Punjab Assembly to raise pays & privileges of MPAs, Ministers & esp CM. Once prosperity returns to Pak such a move cld be justified, but now, when we do not have resources to provide basic amenities to all our people, this is untenable— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) March 14, 2019
“Once prosperity returns to Pak such a move cld be justified, but now, when we do not have resources to provide basic amenities to all our people, this is untenable” he added.
Minutes after the prime minister's tweet, Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry also slammed the Punjab Assembly's decision and termed it a "sham exercise".
Fawad said that "Seems Punjab Government and the CM House is in the dark about the PM and the federal government austerity policies otherwise such sham exercise of awarding huge benefits to themselves would not have happened."
Seems Punjab Government and the CM House is in the dark about the PM and the federal Govt Austerity policies otherwise such sham exercise of awarding huge benefits to themselves would not have happened...— Ch Fawad Hussain (@fawadchaudhry) March 14, 2019
On Wednesday, the Punjab Assembly unanimously passed the bill within five minutes, aiming at increasing financial perks and privileges of the public representatives.
After this legislation, the Punjab chief minister will draw Rs 350,000 per month, while members will draw over 200,000 per month as their basic pay and allowances rose to more than double.
The salaries of the members of the Punjab Assembly and ministers raised by the provincial assembly exceed the pays of their counterparts in all the provinces and at the federal level.
PM Imran draws lesser salary than his cabinet ... 12:41 PM | 14 Mar, 2019
Lahore - Prime Minister Imran Khan’s salary slip has revealed that his salary is less than that of the federal ...
Earlier today, Prime Minister Imran Khan’s salary slip has also surfaced to revealed that his salary is less than to the federal ministers in his cabinet.
According to the salary slip, his basic pay is Rs 107,280.
After adding the allowances the prime minister draws gross salary of Rs201,574 which is reduced to 196,979 after tax and other deductions.
This salary is even less than those of various ministers and chief ministers.
- Cop martyred, two militants killed in Islamabad shootout02:43 PM | 18 Jan, 2022
- SSGC General Manager terminated for harassing female employees02:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2022
- Blast derails passenger train in Balochistan’s Sibi, several injured01:51 PM | 18 Jan, 2022
- Sajal Aly's brother pens a beautiful birthday message for his sister10:06 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Nora Fatehi flaunts her ultra glam look in latest clicks05:34 PM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021