APTMA observes Black Day today to protest govt policies
On APTMA's call, textile millls from Kyber to Karachi have been closed and industrial units in Lahore, Faisalabad and Gujranwala have also been closed.
Addressing a press conference in Lahore here the other day, Chairman APTMA Punjab, Amir Fayaz said the association had been conveying their reservations and grievances to the government for the last many months. However the government has been issuing comforting statements instead of doing anything practical.
He stressed that due to existing electricity tariffs and the shortage of gas, the textile industry is suffering.
He added that approximately 30-35 mills have shut down, adding that on the 14th of October all mills will remain closed.
- T20 World Cup: Scotland to face Afghanistan today03:23 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- FC Team secures second consecutive Gobi's Paints Polo Cup trophy02:51 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- Celebrities over the moon after Pakistan’s historic triumph over ...01:40 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- Hilarious memes flood Twitter after Pakistan end losing streak ...12:58 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- IHC terms TikTok ban as ‘violation of constitutional rights’12:35 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani stars excited for Pak-India T20 World Cup clash07:37 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Waqar Zaka advises Shah Rukh Khan to settle in Pakistan07:00 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Shahveer Jafry ties the knot with Ayesha Baig in enchanting ceremony03:30 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021