Pakistani security forces recover 5 abducted Iranian guards
The spokesman shared the news on Twitter, saying "With concerted efforts of the Pakistani LEAs and armed forces, 5 abducted Iranian guards have been safely recovered."
“Concerted efforts under vigilance of the military leadership are on, to recover the other guards,” Dr Faisal added.
With concerted efforts of the Pakistani LEAs and armed forces, 5 abducted Iranian guards have been safely recovered. They are in good health, being handed over to Iranian authorities. Concerted efforts under vigilance of the military leadership are on, to recover the other guards— Dr Mohammad Faisal (@DrMFaisal) November 15, 2018
On October 15, as many as 14 Iranian security personnel including the Revolutionary Guards were abducted by militants from a post in Mirjaveh region close to the border with Pakistan’s Balochistan province. Later, Pakistan assured Iran of its cooperation in tracing some of its guards.
“No effort will be spared to assist our Iranian brothers in finding the Iranian guards,” the Foreign Office had said in a statement.
- Pakistan observes Jumatul Wida as Al-Quds Day in solidarity with ...08:00 PM | 7 May, 2021
- PM Imran leaves for Saudi Arabia on three-day long official visit07:19 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Pakistan decides to hold remaining PSL 2021 matches in UAE06:16 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Ali Rehman Khan celebrates 33rd birthday in style04:19 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Prince William, Duchess Kate launch their own YouTube channel02:16 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Tu - Mahira Khan to appear in Azaan Sami’s music video02:29 PM | 7 May, 2021