Pakistani security forces recover 5 abducted Iranian guards
The spokesman shared the news on Twitter, saying "With concerted efforts of the Pakistani LEAs and armed forces, 5 abducted Iranian guards have been safely recovered."
“Concerted efforts under vigilance of the military leadership are on, to recover the other guards,” Dr Faisal added.
With concerted efforts of the Pakistani LEAs and armed forces, 5 abducted Iranian guards have been safely recovered. They are in good health, being handed over to Iranian authorities. Concerted efforts under vigilance of the military leadership are on, to recover the other guards— Dr Mohammad Faisal (@DrMFaisal) November 15, 2018
On October 15, as many as 14 Iranian security personnel including the Revolutionary Guards were abducted by militants from a post in Mirjaveh region close to the border with Pakistan’s Balochistan province. Later, Pakistan assured Iran of its cooperation in tracing some of its guards.
“No effort will be spared to assist our Iranian brothers in finding the Iranian guards,” the Foreign Office had said in a statement.
- Imran Ghazali appointed as head of information ministry’s digital ...11:46 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Afghan President Ghani phones PM Imran, discusses peace talks, ...09:34 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Three arrested in Faisalabad for displaying weapons on social media ...08:19 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Trump gives 45 days to Microsoft for acquiring TikTok07:21 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Nothing Like Everything: Ayyan Ali announces first-ever music album04:56 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Filmmakers around the world take to part in Iran’s Resistance Film ...10:27 AM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Hamza Ali Abbasi, Naimal Khawar Khan blessed with a baby boy12:37 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020