Safe City Project: Over 600 security cameras in Islamabad are non-functional, Senate told
ISLAMABAD - Interior State Minister Shehryar Afridi has said that the previous government had installed over 1,800 cameras in Islamabad under the Safe City Project , but over 600 of them are non-functional.
The investigators checked the surveillance cameras but they couldn’t find anything about slain SP Dawar or his kidnappers. Not a single camera could capture recognisable pictures of vehicles and dubious people, the minister told the Senate on Thursday.
Peshawar Rural Zone’s SP Tahir Khan Dawar was allegedly kidnapped from the federal capital on October 27 and his body was found in Afghan Nangarhar province on November 13.
He said the culprits behind this heinous crime will be taken to task.
The state minister also urged the House to initiate an inquiry into the Safe City Project .
SP Dawar's murder in Afghanistan and behavior of ... 08:26 PM | 15 Nov, 2018
RAWALPINDI - The Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), the media wing of the military has condemned the brutal murder ...
- OPPO plans $7bn R&D push to build a multiple-access smart device ...05:04 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Vivo launches the Vivo V17 with 256 GB storage in Pakistan; price, ...04:00 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are producing a reality wedding series ...02:21 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Tabla legend Ustad Ajmal Khan passes away in Islamabad12:50 PM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019