Safe City Project: Over 600 security cameras in Islamabad are non-functional, Senate told
ISLAMABAD - Interior State Minister Shehryar Afridi has said that the previous government had installed over 1,800 cameras in Islamabad under the Safe City Project , but over 600 of them are non-functional.
The investigators checked the surveillance cameras but they couldn’t find anything about slain SP Dawar or his kidnappers. Not a single camera could capture recognisable pictures of vehicles and dubious people, the minister told the Senate on Thursday.
Peshawar Rural Zone’s SP Tahir Khan Dawar was allegedly kidnapped from the federal capital on October 27 and his body was found in Afghan Nangarhar province on November 13.
He said the culprits behind this heinous crime will be taken to task.
The state minister also urged the House to initiate an inquiry into the Safe City Project .
SP Dawar's murder in Afghanistan and behavior of ... 08:26 PM | 15 Nov, 2018
RAWALPINDI - The Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), the media wing of the military has condemned the brutal murder ...
- Huawei allowed to play limited role in building UK's 5G network10:27 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan ex-skipper Sarfraz Ahmed blessed with baby girl09:04 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan set to launch first-ever national emigration policy08:24 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Federal cabinet rejects Mushtaq Mahar's name as Sindh IGP after ...08:06 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Drinking water case: SC dissolves Sindh Water Commission06:59 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Why Miley Cyrus missed the 2020 Grammy Awards?03:58 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Rabi Pirzada performs Umrah03:38 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Ayeza Khan says she wanted to redefine the role of a 'heroine' ...03:25 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019