Safe City Project: Over 600 security cameras in Islamabad are non-functional, Senate told
ISLAMABAD - Interior State Minister Shehryar Afridi has said that the previous government had installed over 1,800 cameras in Islamabad under the Safe City Project, but over 600 of them are non-functional.
The investigators checked the surveillance cameras but they couldn’t find anything about slain SP Dawar or his kidnappers. Not a single camera could capture recognisable pictures of vehicles and dubious people, the minister told the Senate on Thursday.
Peshawar Rural Zone’s SP Tahir Khan Dawar was allegedly kidnapped from the federal capital on October 27 and his body was found in Afghan Nangarhar province on November 13.
He said the culprits behind this heinous crime will be taken to task.
The state minister also urged the House to initiate an inquiry into the Safe City Project.
- Imran Ghazali appointed as head of information ministry’s digital ...11:46 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Afghan President Ghani phones PM Imran, discusses peace talks, ...09:34 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Three arrested in Faisalabad for displaying weapons on social media ...08:19 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Trump gives 45 days to Microsoft for acquiring TikTok07:21 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Nothing Like Everything: Ayyan Ali announces first-ever music album04:56 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Filmmakers around the world take to part in Iran’s Resistance Film ...10:27 AM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Hamza Ali Abbasi, Naimal Khawar Khan blessed with a baby boy12:37 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020