Ayyan Ali to file contempt petition for not removing name from ECL
ISLAMABAD (Staff Report) - Super model Ayyan Ali has decided to approach the Supreme Court of Pakistan (SCP) against the federal government for not removing her name from the Exit Control List (ECL).
Supreme Court on Wednesday upheld Sindh High Court’s order to remove the model’s name from the ECL, observing that mere pendency of a criminal case could not serve as a justification to prohibit movement.
According to Ayyan Ali’s counsel, a contempt petition will be filed in the apex court on Monday against non-removal of Ayyan’s name from ECL despite a verdict in this regard.
- Protests against Modi govt spread across India against discriminatory ...11:55 AM | 14 Dec, 2019
- PIC’s emergency ward reopened, while OPD, indoor services remain ...11:09 AM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan urges all Muslim countries devise joint strategy to stop ...10:39 AM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Rihanna documentary sold to Amazon for $25 Million05:07 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- Thank you so much for 3 million followers: Imran Abbas04:53 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- Matrix 4 to clash with John Wick 4 as both films get same release date04:33 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019