American woman lands in Pakistan without visa
Sonia Sita Perez, a United States national, landed at Islamabad airport on a Qatar Airways flight and was immediately taken into custody by the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) before being deported through the same flight.
According to Pakistan law, US citizens require a valid passport and valid Pakistani visa to enter and exit Pakistan for any purpose. They must obtain visas at a Pakistani embassy or consulate in the country of their usual residence prior to entering Pakistan as there are no provisions for visas upon arrival.
Those arriving without a valid passport and a valid visa are subject to fine, arrest, incarceration and/or deportation.
- WHO member states reach consensus on future pandemic treaty10:30 PM | 29 Nov, 2021
- Profile: Who is Malik Riaz, the owner of Bahria Town?10:12 PM | 29 Nov, 2021
- New Zealand MP rides cycle to hospital to give birth10:02 PM | 29 Nov, 2021
- Pakistan, Morocco hold joint naval exercise in Atlantic Ocean09:37 PM | 29 Nov, 2021
- Passenger caught with 3.5kg heroin at Islamabad airport08:43 PM | 29 Nov, 2021
- Hania Aamir spotted enjoying Asim Azhar's concert in Karachi06:21 PM | 29 Nov, 2021
- Juvaria Abbasi and Anoushey Abbasi's mother passes away05:30 PM | 29 Nov, 2021
- Bakhtawar Bhutto Zardari shares new adorable photo with son Mir Hakim04:45 PM | 29 Nov, 2021