American woman lands in Pakistan without visa
ISLAMABAD — Pakistani authorities have deported an American woman after brief detention at Islamabad International Airport because she did not have the visa for the South Asian country.
Sonia Sita Perez, a United States national, landed at Islamabad airport on a Qatar Airways flight and was immediately taken into custody by the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) before being deported through the same flight.
According to Pakistan law, US citizens require a valid passport and valid Pakistani visa to enter and exit Pakistan for any purpose. They must obtain visas at a Pakistani embassy or consulate in the country of their usual residence prior to entering Pakistan as there are no provisions for visas upon arrival.
Those arriving without a valid passport and a valid visa are subject to fine, arrest, incarceration and/or deportation.
- Govt to spend more than Rs30b on higher education this year, says ...11:57 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Youth-led projects showcased in Student Leaders Conference08:41 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Infinix, CarlCare join hands with M&P to provide unmatched after-sale ...08:26 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Mehwish Hayat says Pervez Musharraf deserves a chance to be heard02:30 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Kate Middleton thanks Maheen Khan with sweet note02:06 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Humayun Saeed shares an all smile picture with brothers01:39 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019