Saudi forces kill gunman who opened fire on Shia site
Saudi security forces shot dead a gunman who opened fire on a Shi'ite Muslim meeting hall on Friday in the Eastern city of Saihat, state-owned TV and a resident said.
Saudi-owned television channel Al Ekhbariya TV quoted sources as saying that: “A person who opened fire on a husseiniya was killed, and the attacker was in his twenties,”
Some people were left wounded after fire shots targeted goes of a Shiite mosque in the eastern Saudi city of Saihat, Al Arabiya News Channel reported Friday.
This is not the first time a Shiite mosque was targeted in the kingdom.
In May, a suicide bomber blew himself up during Friday prayers at a mosque in the village of al-Qadeeh in eastern Saudi Arabia, killing at least 21 and wounding 81 others. The Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) militant group later claimed the deadly attack.
In July, Saudi Arabia arrested 431 people as part of a crackdown on a cluster of cells linked to ISIS. ISIS targets Shiites to stir sectarian strife in the country.
- Taliban, Iranian forces clash in gun battle over ...01:03 PM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Punjab plans to introduce EVMs in upcoming local body elections12:26 PM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Karachi judge, family looted at gunpoint in Baloch Colony11:57 AM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Karachi stadium set to return to full capacity for West Indies series11:28 AM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Karachi among world’s large cities heading to water supply shut off11:12 AM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Aijaz Aslam's father passes away07:04 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Sarah Khan and Falak Shabir's new romantic video goes viral05:23 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Syra Yousuf spills the beans about co-parenting and divorce06:29 PM | 1 Dec, 2021