FM Qureshi contacts Canadian counterpart over Indian grave violation of UNSC resolutions in occupied Kashmir
The foreign minister also briefed his Canadian counterpart about the unilateral and illegal actions of India, including suspension of mobile and internet services, the imposition of curfew, human rights violations and blockade of the entire occupied Kashmir.
He said that these actions are in grave violation of international law and UN Security Council resolutions and designed to change the demographic structure of the disputed territory.
The minister expressed apprehension about the possibility of false flag operation by India and violations of the ceasefire agreement on the LoC which could further undermine peace and security of the region.
The foreign minister shared that the UN Security Council, at the request of Pakistan, had deliberations on the issue.
The Canadian foreign minister stated that Canada was following the situation closely. Referring to her earlier statement, she said Canada is concerned about the risk of escalation, infringements on civil rights and reports of detentions.
- Samsung launches SmartThings Find, a new way to quickly locate your ...03:14 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- edotco appoints new Country Managing Director Pakistan02:15 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- KIA Niro Spotted in Pakistan – Is the future of Hybrid vehicles ...01:51 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Meet Nabeel Ahmad: The Founder and CEO of Skyray Ventures01:47 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Fashion Pakistan Week postponed over Covid-19 fears07:19 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Rabab Hashim ties the knot (See Mehndi & Maiyon Pics)05:08 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Alamgir gets a new kidney after 13 years of waiting (VIDEO)05:00 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020