FM Qureshi contacts Canadian counterpart over Indian grave violation of UNSC resolutions in occupied Kashmir
The foreign minister also briefed his Canadian counterpart about the unilateral and illegal actions of India, including suspension of mobile and internet services, the imposition of curfew, human rights violations and blockade of the entire occupied Kashmir.
He said that these actions are in grave violation of international law and UN Security Council resolutions and designed to change the demographic structure of the disputed territory.
The minister expressed apprehension about the possibility of false flag operation by India and violations of the ceasefire agreement on the LoC which could further undermine peace and security of the region.
The foreign minister shared that the UN Security Council, at the request of Pakistan, had deliberations on the issue.
The Canadian foreign minister stated that Canada was following the situation closely. Referring to her earlier statement, she said Canada is concerned about the risk of escalation, infringements on civil rights and reports of detentions.
- Pakistani fans excited but were Ms. Marvel scenes really shot in ...08:59 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Search operation under way for missing French paraglider in Gilgit ...08:25 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Hassan Ali’s adorable birthday celebration with wife goes viral04:49 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Komal Baig blessed with a baby boy04:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022