Lodhran citizens restored sanctity of vote, says Nawaz Sharif
He is speaking at the workers' convention in Lodhran. Punjab Chief Minister Shehbaz Sharif and Maryam Nawaz and Hamza Shehbaz showed up in Lodhran days after their party bagged victory in NA-154 by-elections by beating the main rival, Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf.
PML-N leader Iqbal Shah, who won the by-election, and other party leaders are also present on the occasion.
Nawaz Sharif said that citizens of Lodhran have dismissed the arrogance of PTI chief Imran Khan. He added that now public of Pakistan will take the decision not the umpire.
Lamenting the decision of the Supreme Court in Panamagate verdict, the former premier said that he was disqualified for not taking the salary from his son.
IG of Liars
Imran Khan is 'IG of liars,' says Shehbaz Sharif ... 03:45 PM | 17 Feb, 2018
LODHRAN - Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz's (PML-N) top leadership on Saturday reached New Stadium in Lodhran for workers ...
Addressing the public gathering, the Punjab CM said: "We are here to thank the public of Lodhran for supporting PML-N in the by-elections". He said: "Lodhran rejected those who looted money of people in the guise of loans".
He called PTI chief Imran Khan "IG of liars".
Shehbaz Sharif said that Punjab government in collaboration with the federal government provided fertilizers to farmers at the reduced price. He said that the provincial government was providing interest-free loans to the farmers.
Addressing the public, he announced to build an underpass in Pattanwala and bypass in Dunyapur.
A large number of party workers and supporters reached the stadium and dancing to the beat of drums and party anthems.
PML-N snatches NA-154 seat from PTI in Lodhran ... 05:28 PM | 12 Feb, 2018
PML-N: 116,590PTI: 91,530Independent Candidate backed by TLP: 10, 181PPP: 3,170(Unofficial results from 330 polling ...
The NA-154 seat fell vacant after the Supreme Court disqualified PTI's former general secretary Jahangir Tareen in 2017.
On February 12, PML-N fielded Syed Muhammad Iqbal Shah for as its candidate, while Jahangir’s son Ali Tareen contested from PTI.
PML-N’s Iqbal Shah won the by-elections with 113,542 votes, while his competitor, Ali Tareen, bagged 85,993 votes.
- Burj Khalifa turns white and green to mark Pakistan’s Independence ...11:23 PM | 14 Aug, 2022
- Taliban welcome Indian decision to return embassy staff to Kabul10:49 PM | 14 Aug, 2022
- In Independence Day message, Blinken calls for further strengthening ...10:28 PM | 14 Aug, 2022
- One died, scores injured in Karachi during celebratory gunfire on ...09:12 PM | 14 Aug, 2022
- Much awaited trailer of 'The Legend of Maula Jatt' FINALLY released08:45 PM | 14 Aug, 2022
- Celebs celebrate Pakistan’s Independence Day07:39 PM | 14 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022