Queen Maxima of Netherlands to arrive in Pakistan on Nov 25
ISLAMABAD - Queen Máxima of the Netherlands will arrive in Pakistan on 25th of this month for a three-day visit in her capacity as the United Nations Secretary-General's Special Advocate for Inclusive Finance for Development.
During the visit, the Queen will call on the President and the Prime Minister, besides engagements with a range of stakeholders from the public and private sectors.
According to a press release issued by the foreign office, inclusive Finance for Development is one of the key priorities of the Government. Pakistan has taken a number of steps in recent years in order to promote the key objectives of financial inclusion.
Queen Máxima will also attend the launch of the Micro Payment Gateway, an initiative of the State Bank of Pakistan aimed at reducing the costs of small payments and boosting digital transactions to benefit people and promote financial inclusion.
The Queen has been the UN Secretary General's Special Advocate for Inclusive Finance for Development since 2009.
In this capacity, she is actively engaged worldwide in promoting access of individuals and enterprises to financial services at a reasonable cost, with the aim of improving economic and social development opportunities.
Queen Máxima had earlier visited Pakistan in February 2016.
- IWD 2021 – Pakistan acknowledges achievements of female trailblazers08:51 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
- Pakistani women should have right to decide when to have children: ...08:10 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
- Tera Jism Meri Marzi – Ali Gul Pir and Eva B collaborate for ...07:40 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
- Hamza Ali Abbasi just finished the first draft of his book on God05:04 PM | 8 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021