Queen Maxima of Netherlands to arrive in Pakistan on Nov 25
ISLAMABAD - Queen Máxima of the Netherlands will arrive in Pakistan on 25th of this month for a three-day visit in her capacity as the United Nations Secretary-General's Special Advocate for Inclusive Finance for Development.
During the visit, the Queen will call on the President and the Prime Minister, besides engagements with a range of stakeholders from the public and private sectors.
According to a press release issued by the foreign office, inclusive Finance for Development is one of the key priorities of the Government. Pakistan has taken a number of steps in recent years in order to promote the key objectives of financial inclusion.
Queen Máxima will also attend the launch of the Micro Payment Gateway, an initiative of the State Bank of Pakistan aimed at reducing the costs of small payments and boosting digital transactions to benefit people and promote financial inclusion.
The Queen has been the UN Secretary General's Special Advocate for Inclusive Finance for Development since 2009.
In this capacity, she is actively engaged worldwide in promoting access of individuals and enterprises to financial services at a reasonable cost, with the aim of improving economic and social development opportunities.
Queen Máxima had earlier visited Pakistan in February 2016.
- Air Chief Mujahid Anwar Khan awards cash prize to national Kabaddi ...03:47 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- WHO warns against ‘fatal’ complacency in global coronavirus fight03:05 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Scientists think they know how stress causes grey hair03:04 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019