Pakistani app developers making huge difference in market
LAHORE - Pakistan’s digital horizon is bringing about a revolution in enterprises’ workings and societal behaviours as a number of few shops in Punjab's busy marketplaces have started using ‘E-Khata’ to run their businesses.
E-Khata is a flexible plug and plays ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) solution, says project leader Zain Gohar.
Gohar adds that he conceived the idea months ago, but its realization occurred at Abacus Consulting’s APIthon I in January this year.
“APIthon and Abacus have really helped us to take our AI-based chat-bot to the next level through utilization of available APIs,” says Ahsan Ajaz, founder, DreamX.
“Several brilliant ideas remain just ideas because of the lack of collaboration between the industry and application developers, and that’s a great injustice to our talent,” said Abacus Consulting Managing Director, Abbas Ali Khan, who shared the success stories of APIthon I.
“The world is in the middle of the fourth industrial revolution and Abacus intends to support initiatives that include Artificial Intelligence, Robotic Process Automation, APIs, and Platform economy to name a few.
“We have been enabling our clients to stay relevant in the 4IR and now through APIthon Chapter II, we will empower startups and young entrepreneurs to collaborate with big companies and leverage from this new digital age,” he added.
Besides E-Khata, another application, Repair Wala, was made a reality at APIthon I. Its founder, Sohaib Arif says they got valuable feedback, API access and multiple investment opportunities from APIthon, which also offers free registration to App developers and a chance to compete for cash prizes, seed money, and mentorship by international and national companies.
“All of the projects of APIthon I were incredible. Pakistan has a huge potential and if we are streamlined with the latest trends and technologies, we can do wonders as a nation,” said Abbas Ali Khan, Managing Director, Abacus Consulting.
For APIthon II, Abacus has partnered up with Apigee, Jazz, Telenor 4G, UBER, Bookme.pk, JS Bank, TiE Islamabad, Ignite and the National Incubation Centre, Islamabad.-PR
- PM stresses anti-coronavirus SOPs to avert tough times08:48 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Kanye West donates $2 million, establishes college fund for George ...08:24 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- 'I was raped by Rehman Mailk,' alleges US blogger Cynthia D Ritchie ...07:54 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Pakistan Navy to make all out efforts for environment, marine life ...06:58 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Naveed Raza urges people to stop denying the existence of coronavirus06:51 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Kylie Jenner tops Forbes' list of the highest-paid celebrities in the ...03:37 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020