Two women martyred in Indian shelling along Working Boundary
The ISPR press release said Indian forces carried out "unprovoked" ceasefire violations between Wednesday and Thursday, and "targeted civilian population along Working Boundary in village [of] Kundan Pur, Chaprar, Sialkot sector overnight".
It added, "The Pakistan Rangers Punjab effectively responded to neutralise Indian Border Security Forces posts".
On Monday, four Pakistan Army soldiers were martyred as Indian forces opened fire along the Line of Control (LoC) in Kashmir, said a statement by the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR).
The Indian army resorted to unprovoked heavy firing and mortar shelling in Jandrot and Kotil sector along the LoC at a time when Pakistan troops were working on communication lines.
Foreign ministry in its statement said, "Despite calls for restraint, India continues to indulge in ceasefire violations. In 2018 the Indian forces have carried out more than 70 ceasefire violations along the Line of Control and the Working Boundary in just 12 days, resulting in the shahadat of one innocent civilian and injuries to 5 others. This unprecedented escalation in ceasefire violations by India is continuing from the year 2017 when the Indian forces committed more than 1900 ceasefire violations".
- ‘President grossly failed to exercise his discretion,’ remarks SC ...07:04 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- 6-year old raped, set on fire in India’s Punjab06:03 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- US suspends visa services in Turkey over reports of potential terror ...05:58 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- Police arrested man posturing as fake Pakistan Army Captain04:47 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- 37th Millat Tractors Governors Cup Golf commences today04:20 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- IN PICTURES: 5 of the most expensive Pakistani weddings of all times03:33 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- 5 fall wardrobe essentials every woman needs02:00 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- Unfinished: Priyanka Chopra completes her memoir11:22 AM | 23 Oct, 2020
- Turkish Airlines fined for violating SOPs in Pakistan02:42 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- PDM rally venue changed in Quetta over security threats02:05 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- Five killed as bus catches fire near Khuzdar12:07 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- PML-N leader’s secret meeting upsets Nawaz11:45 AM | 23 Oct, 2020