Pakistan Army rescues 4 Italian, two local mountain climbers trapped by avalanche
The climbers, four of them Italian, two of them Pakistani were hit while scaling a 5,300-foot peak in the mountain range on Monday, an official said.
A Pakistani guide was killed immediately and the survivors sustained minor injuries, he added.
“The injured were shifted Combined Military Hospital (CMH) in Gilgit,” Naiknam Karim, the chief executive of Adventure Tours of Pakistan, said in a telephone interview from Gilgit, in northern Pakistan. “The Pakistani climbers can walk, while the Italian have minor injuries.”
Officials said it had taken two helicopters roughly four hours to bring the climbers down.
“The Italians had attempted to climb the summit last year, too, but the attempt was unsuccessful,” Karim added.
- US military tests AI software that can predict events, enemy’s ...08:52 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Hassan Afzal Khan appointed new Pakistan consul general for Dubai08:00 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- COAS Bajwa visits Baloch Regimental Centre Abbottabad07:18 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- 5.3 magnitude earthquake jolts Islamabad, parts of KP06:50 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- 9-year-old Dalit girl raped, murdered by Hindu priest, three others ...06:17 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Aima Baig dances her heart out on sister’s mayoun (VIDEO)04:32 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Mahira Khan leaves fans thrilled with first teaser of ‘Prince ...04:01 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Sarah Khan flaunts baby bump in new photos03:30 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Kabul security team gets briefing on alleged abduction of Afghan ...11:34 AM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021