With cheap oil and $4b loan in focus, PM Imran heads to Saudi Arabia on economy-centric tour
Imran Khan, who swept to power in the July 25 polls, would leave for the holy kingdom today on a two-day visit where he will meet Saudi King Salman bin Abdulaziz and ambitious Crown Prince Mohamed bin Salman besides performing Umrah and paying a visit to the Roza-e-Rasool (PBUH).
The diplomatic sources in Pakistan comprehend the tour to be of prominence as both the countries are expected to sign historic agreements; the sources claim that Saudi Arabia would provide crude oil at 20 per cent discount to Pakistan for a period of five years in a bid to bolster its economy.
Saudi Arabia 'joining CPEC to make Gwadar an oil ... 03:13 PM | 16 Sep, 2018
LAHORE - China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) is set to get a major push as Saudi Arabia is expected to join the ...
The cash-strapped Pakistan is in dire need of some 9 billion US Dollars for paying back the loans and strengthen its economy. The petro-state has already expressed its willingness to grant loans worth $4b through banks under its influence.
The government sources detail that shortly after the visit of premier Imran Khan, Saudi Crown Prince Mohamed bin Salman (MBS) would pay a visit to Pakistan followed by the visit of Saudi King Salman, who is expected to visit the country in January.
Even before the start of the tour, the political observers affirm that Imran Khan would bag a massive victory on the diplomatic front through his first official visit to the Hydrocarbon-rich state.
Imran Khan would be flanked by Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi, Finance Minister Asad Umar and advisor to PM on commerce, textiles, industries and investment, Abdul Razak Dawood.
Besides the engagements of Prime Minister Imran Khan, the ministers would also meet their Saudi counterparts in the two-day visit.
Moreover, Saudi leader Shah Salman would also host a dinner in the honour of Pakistan’s incumbent premier.
Imran Khan’s state-visit would include meeting the Secretary General of Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC), Dr. Yousef bin Ahmad Al-Othaimeen.
Pakistan’s prime minister would top up the visit to Saudi Arabia by heading to the United Arab Emirates (UAE) on Wednesday evening to meet Crown Prince, Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan. Both the leaders would discuss matters of mutual interest.
- Pakistan records decline in Covid-19 with 1,531 new cases in a day09:57 AM | 15 May, 2021
- Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - 2021-May-15-Updated 10:00 ...09:36 AM | 15 May, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 15 May 202109:06 AM | 15 May, 2021
- Pakistan marks Palestine Day as Israeli forces escalate fight with ...01:57 AM | 15 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM discusses Israeli attacks on Al-Aqsa, Gaza with ...11:22 PM | 14 May, 2021
- Salman Khan's Radhe creates Bollywood history08:26 PM | 14 May, 2021
- Eid Mubarak – Katrina Kaif, Kangana Ranaut, Disha Patani & more ...04:30 PM | 14 May, 2021
- In Pictures: A look at how Pakistani stars are celebrating Eid-ul-Fitr11:12 AM | 14 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021