'Across the board accountability' vital for prosperous Pakistan: COAS
On a visit to the Signal Regimental Centre Kohat on Tuesday where he pinned badges of rank on Maj Gen Sohail Ahmed, the Army chief said “across the board accountability is necessary for the solidarity, integrity and prosperity of Pakistan.”
Gen Raheel said: “Pakistan’s Armed Forces will fully support every meaningful effort in that direction which would ensure a better future for our next generations.”
Commending the families of soldiers who had given the ultimate sacrifice for the nation, the Army chief also appreciated the Signals Corps for providing communication support to Operation Zarb-i-Azb.
“The ongoing war against terrorism and extremism is being fought with the backing of entire nation,” he said, emphasising the importance of rooting out corruption in the process.
- Pakistan announces to increase electricity tariff by Rs1.95/Unit05:00 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- #BoycottCannoli – Twitter lashes out at Islamabad café owners for ...04:56 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Wedding festivities kick in for Bakhtawar-Mahmood as groom lands in ...04:36 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- China promises 0.5 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine to Pakistan by ...04:17 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Maya Ali thanks fans as she hits 5 million Instagram followers03:41 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- WATCH – Hareem Shah leaks another private video of Mufti Abdul Qavi03:20 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- 10 women celebs who lent their star power to UN06:50 PM | 5 Jan, 2021