Punjab govt, World Bank hold workshop on 'Fundamentals of Investment Climate' in Lahore
Mohammad Jehanzeb Khan, Chairman Planning & Development Punjab while addressing the workshop highlighted the importance of making investment climate conducive to attracting private investments.
He also emphasised the need for changing the mindset and culture within the government departments. He further highlighted the importance of investor protection and observed that quantum shift in the approach of civil servants was required in order to improve the business environment of the province.
Planning & Development Department mobilised lead international resource persons from World Bank to conduct this training who gave insightful and informative presentations followed by interactive sessions.
Addressing the workshop, Iftikhar Ali Sahoo, Secretary P&D informed the participants that P&D Department has planned series of such training/workshops will be organised at regular intervals for the civil servants with the help of World Bank.
All the participants actively engaged in the workshop and suggested that such type of capacity building workshops should be held frequently.
The representatives of the World Bank gave the detailed presentation on investment life cycle from the government perspective.
These resource persons included Senior Private Sector Development Specialists and Senior Economists of the World Bank. Secretary P&D Iftikhar Ali Sahoo, Members P&D Board Agha Waqar Javed, Khalid Sultan, Sadaqat Hussain, Chief Economist P&D Dr Aman Ullah, Director General M&E Dr Sajjad Mubeen, Provincial Administrative Secretaries, Divisional Commissioners CEO’s of Public Sector Companies and other high officials also attended the workshop.-Onilne
- Wait is over as Cambridge announces O level results of Pakistani ...09:03 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- German vets perform surgery to rid Pakistani elephant of tooth ...08:56 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- PAKvNED – Pakistan seal ODI series victory over Netherlands08:28 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Naimal Khawar's latest photoshoot draws severe backlash05:40 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Naimal’s new photoshoot draws severe backlash06:10 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022