Angelina Jolie speaks up against persecution of Rohingya Muslims
"It’s absolutely clear that the violence by the army needs to stop and that the return of the refugees has to be permitted — and that the Rohingyas should be given civil rights," Jolie told weekly Welt am Sonntag.
She further added, "We all wish that Aung San Suu Kyi will in this situation be the voice of human rights."
Suu Kyi has been blamed for not condemning the violence.
Having have faced decades of persecution by the majority Buddhist population in Myanmar. the Rohingyas have been denied citizenship.
The current crisis has led more than 400,000 Rohingya to flee to Bangladesh in the past three weeks - more than 1000 people have been reported dead.
- Three killed in explosion onboard Indian naval ship at Mumbai dockyard11:16 PM | 18 Jan, 2022
- Gobi's Paints 3rd U19 Junior Polo Championship: Remington JPF score ...10:42 PM | 18 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan increases tax on mobile phone recharge10:20 PM | 18 Jan, 2022
- PM Imran condemns Houthi attacks on UAE in call with Abu Dhabi ruler09:54 PM | 18 Jan, 2022
- Pakistani Rupee sheds 26 paisas against dollar09:24 PM | 18 Jan, 2022
- Adnan Siddiqui takes a hilarious jibe at Humayun Saeed04:17 PM | 18 Jan, 2022
- Minal Khan and Ahsan Mohsin share stunning portrait from Kartarpur03:46 PM | 18 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021