10 Afghan terrorists arrested from Banigala, target was PM Imran Khan: report
ISLAMABAD - Around 10 terrorists were arrested by security agencies from Banigala, the terrorists, who had reached the federal capital from Afghanistan, had plans of targeting the newly-elected Prime Minister Imran Khan, as well as other major political figures, renowned journalist Hamid Mir reported on Monday.
Sheltering in a safe house in the suburban areas of Islamabad, the terrorists were in continuous contact with their network in Afghanistan until they were arrested in separate raids carried out by security agencies. Arms and explosives were also recovered from their possession, he said.
In view of the threats, all potential targets, including Prime Minister Imran Khan, were informed and their security detail was enhanced. He further claimed that it was amid these threats that PM Khan announced residing at the military secretary’s annexe located in the Prime Minister House colony.
- Pakistan surpasses 54,000 cases of coronavirus – 1,133 confirmed ...11:05 PM | 24 May, 2020
- Muhammad Zubair — one of two plane crash survivors — discharged ...10:56 PM | 24 May, 2020
- Turkish President expresses condolence over Karachi plane crash09:48 PM | 24 May, 2020
- BJP leader expelled after he was filmed jumping off balcony of ...08:59 PM | 24 May, 2020
- Pakistan calls for imposition of economic, military sanctions on India07:41 PM | 24 May, 2020
- Zara Abid presumed dead, not amongst the survivors of PIA plane crash05:13 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Netflix announces Élite season 4 with returning cast members04:07 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Alizeh Shah, Nida & Yasir Nawaz allegedly test positive for ...02:38 PM | 23 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020