Six Indian soldiers killed as Pakistan responds to ceasefire violations: ISPR
RAWALPINDI - As many as six Indian soldiers, including an officer, were killed as Pakistan gave a befitting response to yet another ceasefire violation on Tuesday.
The Director-General of Inter-Services Public Relations, Major General Asif Ghafoor detailed that the Indian forces violated the ceasefire in Tatta Pani Sector along the Line of Control.
The military spokesman stated that Indian fire had martyred 3 civilians including 7 years old boy; the official added that bunkers were also destroyed in response.
Pakistan Army’s befitting response to Indian CFVs in Tatta Pani Sector along LOC. Indian fire had martyred 3 civilians including 7 years old boy. Pakistan Army targeted Indian posts. 6 Indian soldiers including an officer killed, many injured 2 bunkers destroyed.— DG ISPR (@OfficialDGISPR) August 20, 2019
The ceasefire violations have increased in recent days owing to tensions stemming out of Narendra Modi-led regime to revoke the special status granted to Indian-occupied Kashmir.
The ruling BJP had scrapped article 35A and 370 of the constitution a few days earlier and had ramped up aggression along the Line of Control.
- Pakistan strongly condemns anti-Islam Facebook post by Indian ...10:07 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Hafeez quarantined in England for taking photo with 90-year-old lady ...09:10 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Afghanistan thanks Pakistan Army chief for supporting reconciliation ...07:57 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan Railways changes routes of some Karachi-bound trains07:37 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020