Six Indian soldiers killed as Pakistan responds to ceasefire violations: ISPR
RAWALPINDI - As many as six Indian soldiers, including an officer, were killed as Pakistan gave a befitting response to yet another ceasefire violation on Tuesday.
The Director-General of Inter-Services Public Relations, Major General Asif Ghafoor detailed that the Indian forces violated the ceasefire in Tatta Pani Sector along the Line of Control.
The military spokesman stated that Indian fire had martyred 3 civilians including 7 years old boy; the official added that bunkers were also destroyed in response.
Pakistan Army’s befitting response to Indian CFVs in Tatta Pani Sector along LOC. Indian fire had martyred 3 civilians including 7 years old boy. Pakistan Army targeted Indian posts. 6 Indian soldiers including an officer killed, many injured 2 bunkers destroyed.— DG ISPR (@OfficialDGISPR) August 20, 2019
The ceasefire violations have increased in recent days owing to tensions stemming out of Narendra Modi-led regime to revoke the special status granted to Indian-occupied Kashmir.
The ruling BJP had scrapped article 35A and 370 of the constitution a few days earlier and had ramped up aggression along the Line of Control.
- PM Khan terms change in UK travel advice great news for Pakistan11:29 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- A Smartphone that Brings Affordability & Reliability for Everyone – ...10:55 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- PTI rejects Transparency International's 'biased' report about ...07:17 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- UNODC, Interior Ministry launch technical assistance framework07:02 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- UK changes its travel advice to reflect improved security situation ...06:15 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- #MeToo: 'Harvey Weinstein raped me', Annabella Sciorra testifies in ...04:08 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy meets Deepika Padukone at World Economic Forum03:29 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- I don’t even think I should be alive: Justin Bieber gives emotional ...02:46 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019