Lose weight or job, PIA issues warning to 'overweight' crew
The seven staffers include four flight stewardesses and three air hostesses. The crew members were found to be 20 to 40 pounds overweight and the order to ground the members has been issued with immediate effect.
The seven PIA members who would now be hurriedly trying to diet and look to weight loss experts were performing duties on international and local flights.
The administration stated that the members who are 35 to 45 pounds overweight will not be eligible for performing duties for international flights.
"Those who are overweight by more than 45 pounds will be grounded on domestic flights permanently," the administration added.
The national flag carrier also warned another 36 cabin crew members to lose weight to avoid losing their professional duties.
- MQM founder Altaf Hussain requests Indian PM Modi for asylum, ...11:51 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Man gets life imprisonment for killing wife in Hyderabad10:29 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Read original undertakings submitted by Sharif brothers in ECL case09:54 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Pakistan lauds US commission for highlighting humanitarian crisis IOJK08:25 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Govt respects court decision allowing Nawaz to travel abroad: Firdous ...07:41 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- I was hypersexualised as a teenager in Hollywood: Scarlett Johansson03:10 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Mira Sethi marries childhood friend02:42 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Here's how fans have reacted to Hamza Ali Abbasi's decision to quit ...02:07 PM | 16 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019
- Google releases the list of most popular Pakistani YouTube Ads of 201803:31 PM | 25 Jan, 2019