Ex-LDA DG Ahad Cheema arrested over Ashiana Housing Scheme allotment scandal
Cheema faces charges of illegally allotting 32 kanal land in Ashiana Housing Scheme in the Punjab capital.
The NAB-Lahore took Cheema into custody from the office of Punjab Power Company in Gulberg.
Ahad Cheema, who is currently the chief executive officer of the Punjab Thermal Power Ltd, was arrested under NAB ordinance’s schedule-2 as the former LDA boss did not appear before it when summoned on January 16.
According to the ordinance, the anti-graft watchdog reserves right to change inquiry into an investigation, under which it can arrest the suspect.
The bureau has been conducting an inquiry against the officials of the Punjab Land Development Company (PLDC), Lahore Casa Developers, Lahore Development Authority and others, said a notification issued by NAB Lahore.
The purpose of Ashiana Housing Scheme – an initiative of the Punjab government - was to provide economical and adequate residential facilities to the people with low-incomes and the government had invested Rs2 billion while acquiring 672 kanals of land in the Muloani Harlan area near Darbar Baba Noor Shah.
Cheema, who is considered a blue-eyed officer of Punjab CM Shehbaz Sharif, will be presented before the accountability court tomorrow (Thursday).
The bureau will request the court to grant physical remand of the suspect.
Grounds For Arrest of Ahad Cheema
- Punjab governor, wife volunteer for COVID-19 vaccine trial10:19 PM | 5 Dec, 2020
- ‘Sprint to Glasgow’: Pakistan PM Imran Khan to address global ...09:37 PM | 5 Dec, 2020
- Pakistan rejects Indian FAKE NEWS about 'transfer of foreign ...08:41 PM | 5 Dec, 2020
- Minor girl tortured by employers in Faisalabad (VIDEO)08:11 PM | 5 Dec, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020