LUMS School of Education joins hands with Punjab Group of Colleges
LAHORE - Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS) joined hands with Punjab Group of Colleges (PGC) through a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to facilitate research and outreach efforts towards the common goal of building a robust education ecosystem in Pakistan .
Addressing the audience at the occasion Prof. Dr. S. Sohail H. Naqvi stated: “The collaboration between the Punjab Group of Colleges and LUMS SoE will serve an important role in reforming the education sector in Pakistan .”
The Executive Director of Punjab Group of Colleges, Prof. Sohail Afzal also emphasized the significance of the MOU. “There is a need for the continuous professional development of teaching faculty; our teachers need to be trained to develop the knowledge and skills to address students’ learning challenges,” he said.
The Associate Dean of LUMS SoE, Dr. Mariam Chughtai said: “Education is the driver of economic growth and the fastest growing sector in Pakistan . We must look at this as an opportunity between the two institutions to impact policy reform.”
The Project Director Allied Schools said that the scope of work for both the organizations PGC and LUMS School of Education is gigantic and weighty to meet with instant and future needs in the field of education across Pakistan where literacy rate, teachers’ professional development and institutional effectiveness are under question.
This collaboration between LUMS School of Education and the Punjab Group of Colleges/Allied Schools will engage in high-quality education research that will help bridge the gap between theory and practice in the education sector. This will enable graduate students to use the data shared by PGC and Allied Schools for research purposes, and would also be given the option of a full-time residency at PGC over the course of one semester, he added.
- Pakistan Navy ships MOAWIN, ASLAT visit Port Victoria11:25 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Over 5,000 prisoners suffering from HIV/AIDS, fatal diseases in ...10:27 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Kamyab Jawan Programme: PM Imran likely to distribute loan cheques in ...08:26 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Father, son die as vehicle falls into sea in Karachi07:49 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan, Malaysia face identical problems, says PM Imran06:58 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Jonas Brothers drop new video featuring their wives02:38 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ahmed Ali Butt shares a star-studded selfie and we love it!01:47 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- 60-year-old held for swindling men online using niece’s picture01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019