IPL spot fixing: Gurunath Meiyappan, Raj Kundra involved in betting, says Indian SC
Supreme Court issued the final verdict comprising of 130 pages after months long hearing today. The verdict said that Srirnivasan must choose among Chennai Super Kings (CSK) and Chairmanship of BCCI.. BCCI head was any how found not involved in spot fixing, the verdict read.
Court imposed an additional ban on BCCI officials to own any team contesting in local cricket league. “All the cases related to BCCI will also be probed and decided by the court”, remarked judges of top Indian court.
Raj Kundra who is declared of committing betting during IPL is also husband of a top Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty.
Earlier on 15 May 2015 the cricket world was rocked by the news of spot fixing in IPL and later on cricketers involved were not only arrested by the police but also suspended from the league. The case was proceeded in Supreme Court where a special commission was formed to probe the matter.
- Javed Afridi meets PM Imran to discuss of foreign direct investment ...11:11 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- NAB summons Fazlur Rehman’s son-in-law to declare assets10:37 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- COAS Bajwa congratulates Nepalese climbers for first winter ascent of ...09:32 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- A paper tiger? PML-N's Rana Sanaullah 'roars' at Lahore court (VIDEO)08:22 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Mufti Abdul Qavi declared 'a mental patient' amid Hareem Shah ...08:00 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- WATCH – Sara Ali Khan swings into the weekend with style in Maldives03:56 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Pakistanis plan an ‘Urdu Mushaira’ outside Islamabad café as ...03:34 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Cannoli café manager gets job offers from Shahbaz Taseer and Karak ...05:59 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021