Ex-PM Nawaz Sharif shifted to PIC from Kot Lakhpat jail
LAHORE – Former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif was shifted to Punjab Institute of Cardiology (PIC) amid strict security on Tuesday following severe chest pain.
The 69-year-old was shifted to the Punjab 's top heart facility a day after medical reports confirmed his illness.
According to details, a three-member medical board comprising doctors from PIC , examined Nawaz Sharif.
The medical board carried out blood pressure, sugar and other tests and suggested an echocardiography.
Nawaz Sharif shifted to Lahore's Kot Lakhpat jail ... 11:25 AM | 25 Dec, 2018
ISLAMABAD - A team of the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) on Tuesday shifted former prime minister Nawaz Sharif, ...
According to doctors, his heart was slightly enlarged and his heart muscles were a bit stiffer than usual.
The medical board was comprised of head Dr. Shahid Hameed, Dr. Sajjad Ahmad, Dr. Hamid Khalil.
The emergency entrance of the PIC was closed for the general public after heavy police were deployed at the gate due to security reasons.
Maryam Nawaz, the daughter of jailed politician, tweeted yesterday to announce that her father, who remains incarcerated at Lahore’s Kot Lakhpat Prison, was unwell. She claimed that the Sharif family was kept in the dark regarding his medical condition.
I have been told that MNS is unwell & is being taken to PIC tomorrow but myself or the family have no knowledge of it. We still haven’t received the reports given by the medical boards. After pleading with the jail authorities, we have also written to the Home department. https://t.co/4Js1rutfYV— Maryam Nawaz Sharif (@MaryamNSharif) January 21, 2019
“I have been told that MNS [Mian Nawaz Sharif] is unwell and is being taken to Punjab Institute of Cardiology tomorrow [Tuesday] but myself or the family has no knowledge of it.”
Earlier, she criticised the authorities for not releasing her father's medical reports.
“We still haven’t received the reports given by the medical boards,” she said and added, “After pleading with the jail authorities, we have also written to the Home Department,” Maryam said in her tweet.
She said that she herself wants to accompany her father but her father (Nawaz) refrains her by sending her a message.
Family sources say Nawaz Sharif’s personal doctor has advised him to get additional medical tests in a bid to ascertain reasons for the chest pain he was suffering from.
- Govt to spend more than Rs30b on higher education this year, says ...11:57 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Youth-led projects showcased in Student Leaders Conference08:41 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Infinix, CarlCare join hands with M&P to provide unmatched after-sale ...08:26 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Mehwish Hayat says Pervez Musharraf deserves a chance to be heard02:30 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Kate Middleton thanks Maheen Khan with sweet note02:06 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Humayun Saeed shares an all smile picture with brothers01:39 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019