Mufti Qavi removed from Ruet-e-Hilal Committee after controversial selfies with Qandeel Baloch
The case has been handed over to National Ulema and Mashaikh Council for further investigation. A notification has been issued banning Mufti Qawi from sighting the upcoming Eid Ul Fitr moon.
The decision was taken two days after Qandeel took the internet by storm after posting selfies of herself with Mufti Abdul Qawi. The controversy queen later appeared with the cleric on different TV channels, in which they disagreed on what happened between them in the Mufti's hotel room.
Earlier, Senator Hamdullah, who caused an uproar over his verbal assault on Marvi Sirmed, had said that it was unfortunate that Mufi Qavi was part the moon sighting committee.
Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) also distanced itself from Mufti Qavi and removed him from an important position in the party's Ulema Council.
- Pakistan to host OIC foreign ministers’ meeting on Afghanistan on ...01:53 AM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Vernon Philander pens heartfelt good-bye message for Pakistan team10:56 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Petroleum prices in Pakistan to remain unchanged in December10:19 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Pakistan President filled with remorse for using Governor House as ...09:02 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Indian actress Ameesha Patel booked in cheque bounce case06:39 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Mahira Khan receives flak for glorifying emotionally abusive ...04:06 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Deepika Padukone stuns in a gorgeous saree by Pakistani designer04:58 PM | 30 Nov, 2021