Pakistan seeks 'clarification' of US drone attack on Mullah Mansour
Foreign Office Spokesman Nafees Zakariya said that he had seen media reports about a US drone strike and was seeking a clarification on the matter.
He further added that Pakistan had always wanted the Taliban to return to the negotiating table so that conflict may end in Afghanistan. Military action is not a solution to end war in Afghanistan, he said.
The FO statement came shortly after US Secretary State John Kerry said that he had spoken to Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif via telephone to notify him about the strike on Mansour.
The secretary, however, declined to report on the timing of his phone call. Subsequent media reports have claimed that the secretary's notification came before the militant commander was hit, while one report has claimed that it came after the Taliban leader was hit.
- At least one dead, three injured in Karachi PC Hotel roof collapse ...12:24 AM | 27 May, 2022
- Pakistani, Indian killed in deadly gas explosion at UAE restaurant11:50 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Six Pakistani peacekeepers honoured posthumously at UN ceremony11:20 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Pakistan fail to qualify for Hockey World Cup after beaten by Japan10:49 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Pakistan increases petroleum prices by Rs30 per litre10:13 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Amna Ilyas’ new bold photo from France sets internet on fire07:13 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Fans share their dance videos to celebrate Ali Zafar’s hit song ...05:50 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Alizeh Shah’s new video of enjoying song in car goes viral04:45 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022