1,600 kg donkey, horse meat recovered by police in Lahore; two arrested
Police said, the unhygienic and non-halal meat was to be sent to markets early this morning.
The meat is usually sold early in the morning to the city’s local restaurants swarmed by customers all the time.
Two people involved in the heinous business have been taken in custody.
It should be mentioned here that two persons were arrested some time ago in the same area for selling donkey meat.
The Punjab government claims that it is making efforts to stop the sale of dead meat of halal animals as well as donkey meat, yet the practice is continuing unabated across the province.
- PTI moves IHC against ECP's ruling on prohibited funding case02:10 PM | 10 Aug, 2022
- Pakistani rupee gains Rs2.54 against dollar in interbank market12:37 PM | 10 Aug, 2022
- TV anchor Iqrarul Hassan jumps into dispute between Aamir Liaquat’s ...11:50 AM | 10 Aug, 2022
- Sadaf Kanwal, Shahroz Sabzwari welcome their first child09:24 PM | 9 Aug, 2022
- Mahira Khan mocked as she posts throwback pictures with BFF Feeha ...10:41 AM | 10 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani stars celebrate Eidul-Adha in style06:20 PM | 10 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022