Shawwal moon sighted in Pakistan, first day of Eid Al-Fitr on Monday
Chairman Ruet-e-Hilal Committee Mufti Muneeb-ur-Rehman announced the sighting of moon for the month of Shawwal on Sunday and said that Eid Al-Fitr will be celebrated on Monday, June 26.
The announcement was made by Mufti Muneeb after chairing a meeting of the Central Ruet-e-Hilal Committee.
"From various cities and towns across the country we have confirmation of the Shawwal moon being sighted," said Rehman.
Muslims throughout the world celebrate Eid Al-Fitr on first of Shawwal.
What is Eid Al-Fitr:
Eid Al-Fitr and Eid Al-Azha are the two major festivals in Islam. Eid Al-Fitr, or the 'festival of breaking fast', marks the end of the holy month of Ramazan and the beginning of Shawwal, the 10th month of the Islamic lunar calendar.
The festival is celebrated by the 1.6 billion Muslims across the globe. The date for Eid Al-Fitr is based on the lunar calendar.
- Pakistan reopens primary schools under strict COVID-19 SOPs today08:32 AM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Two terrorists killed in Balochistan operation: ISPR11:22 PM | 29 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan sharply rejects India’s ‘irresponsible remarks’ about ...10:35 PM | 29 Sep, 2020
- Faisalabad locals find unexploded bomb might have been dropped during ...10:24 PM | 29 Sep, 2020
- Jennifer Aniston reveals that she almost quit Hollywood04:48 PM | 29 Sep, 2020
- The Boys – A massive Amazon hit all set to have a spin-off04:19 PM | 29 Sep, 2020
- Ahad Raza Mir turns 27, receives heartwarming birthday wishes from ...03:57 PM | 29 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020