KP allocates Rs5m for first model Sikh school in Peshawar
The school would be built at Mohallah Jogan Shah in the heart of Peshawar city, where children of Sikh community would be provided free education facilities with quality infrastructure, according to budget documents.
The new school would be first of its kind to be built by the KP government and run by the Sikh community elders.
Chief Minister Mahmood Khan has already approved the proposed scheme that would be constructed by Auqaf and Religious Affairs Department.
Following the completion of construction work, the school would be handed over to the local community.
They termed it a landmark decision of PTI Government that would help provide quality education to Sikh students at their doorsteps besides saving their time and money while going to schools located in other areas.
- 640 new coronavirus cases reported; one death in past 24 hours in ...04:31 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- We will continue to restore democracy by removing PTI govt: Zardari03:43 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- APC turning point in Pakistani politics, time to take major decisions ...02:11 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle make it to the list of Time’s 100 most ...01:14 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Keanu Reeves reveals that The Matrix 4 is to be a Love Story01:11 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- I learnt how to ride a bike for 'Quaid e Azam Zindabad': Mahira Khan06:11 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020