Pillion riding banned in Karachi, Hyderabad for Youm-e-Ali
KARACHI(Staff Report) - A three-day ban on pillion riding was imposed in Karachi and Hyderabad as part of security arrangements for Youm-e-Ali, a Sindh Home Department official said on Saturday.
According to a notification issued by the department, the ban would remain in place for two days from June 26 to 28.
“Women, disabled persons, senior citizens, journalists, personnel of law enforcement agencies and children below 12 years of age would remain exempted from the ban,” said the notification.
The martyrdom of Hazrat Ali (AS) will be observed across Pakistan on Monday. Strict security arrangements have been made in the city to ensure security.
- Imran Ghazali appointed as head of information ministry’s digital ...11:46 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Afghan President Ghani phones PM Imran, discusses peace talks, ...09:34 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Three arrested in Faisalabad for displaying weapons on social media ...08:19 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Trump gives 45 days to Microsoft for acquiring TikTok07:21 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Nothing Like Everything: Ayyan Ali announces first-ever music album04:56 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Filmmakers around the world take to part in Iran’s Resistance Film ...10:27 AM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Hamza Ali Abbasi, Naimal Khawar Khan blessed with a baby boy12:37 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020