PIA plane crashes into jetty after landing at Karachi airport
KARACHI (Online) - A Pakistan International Airlines flight (PK-1782) arriving from Toronto to Karachi crashed into a jetty soon after landing at the Jinnah International Airport here on Saturday.
All passengers on board were rescued safely.
Civil Aviation sources said that it has been decided to conduct a medical check-up of the pilot to ascertain his mental and physical health.
The crash caused damage to the plane’s left engine while its doors remained locked and more than 200 passengers were trapped for almost an hour.
According to the sources, the pilot was showing reluctance for medical check-up, saying that he will only undergo medical check-up in the presence of officials of Pakistan Airlines Pilots’ Association.
- Teenage girl killed in Indian unprovoked ceasefire violations along ...04:01 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- PM Imran expresses pain and grief over loss of lives in Beirut ...03:36 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- India imposes curfew, restrictions in Occupied Kashmir to prevent ...02:09 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- If offered, I would love to work in Pakistan: Engin Altan Düzyatan01:53 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- Saba Qamar, Bilal Ashraf & others grieve over the tragic explosions ...01:10 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020