Widows of judges to get 50 to 75 pc increased pension as NA body passes 25th Amendment
Chaudhry Mahmood Bashir Virk chaired the committee member and approved the bill with an amendment proposed in the fifth seclude of the Constitution regarding an increase in the entitlement of pension of widows of the judges of Supreme Court of Pakistan and high courts from 50 to 75 percent.
The committee also considered the budgetary proposals relating to Public Sector Development Programme (PSDP) for the year 2017-18 and another Constitution (Amendment) Bill, 2015 (Insertion of new Article 19-B) moved by Ms Munaza Hassan.
It recommended approval of all the 12 projects, including construction of Islamabad High Court building, office and official residence for Federal Tax Ombudsman (FTO), etc.
The Constitution (Amendment) Bill, 2015 (Insertion of new Article 19-B) was also discussed in detail. The amendment pertained to the provision of right to social security to all the citizens of the country. The social security would cover the basic necessities like food, clothing and health cover through the system.
The meeting was attended by MNAs Justice (Retd.) Iftikhar Ahmad Cheema, Muhammad Moeen Watto, Muhammad Raza Hayat Harraj, Kiran Haider, Syed Ayaz Ali Shah Sherazi, Mumtaz Ahmed Tarar, Asiya Naz Tanoli, Muhammad Ayaz Soomro, Shagufta Jumani, Engr. Ali Muhammad Khan Advocate, Dr. Arif Alvi, Aisha Syed and S.A Iqbal Quadri. The officials of the Ministry of Law and Justice were also present in the meeting. – APP
- Sindh Bar Council secretary shot dead in broad daylight03:48 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- 3 students killed, 8 injured in Michigan school shooting, suspect in ...03:25 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Scores injured after dozens of vehicles collide in huge motorway ...02:18 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Babar Azam replaces Imad Wasim as Karachi Kings captain01:25 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Pakistan starts booster covid vaccinations today amid omicron scare12:52 PM | 1 Dec, 2021
- Indian actress Ameesha Patel booked in cheque bounce case06:39 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Mahira Khan receives flak for glorifying emotionally abusive ...04:06 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Deepika Padukone stuns in a gorgeous saree by Pakistani designer04:58 PM | 30 Nov, 2021