Ensure Rao Anwar's arrest in 3 days, CJP orders police in Naqeebullah case
A three-member bench, headed by Chief Justice of Pakistan Justice Saqib Nisar and comprising Justice Gulzar and Justice Faisal Arab took up the suo moto case regarding the murder of Waziristan youth Naqeebullah Mehsud during a “staged police encounter”.
Inspector-General, Sindh, AD Khawaja, investigation team head DIG Sanaullah Abbasi and others officials attended the hearing, while the prime accused former SSP Malir Rao Anwar did not appear before the court.
As the hearing began, Chief Justice Saqib Nisar asked IG Sindh AD Khawja why Anwar did not appear before the court. The chief justice further asked what efforts were made to arrest the accused.
In response, the IG informed the court that former SSP had absconded, adding that attempts were being made to trace him.
The CJP remarked if the suspended official fled the country or hiding in Karachi. The IG said that it was uncertain yet.
The chief justice has summoned travel details of Rao Anwar from the interior ministry and Civil Aviation Authority.
The CJP then instructed AD Khawaja not to take pressure while working on this case.
It is to mention here that the chief justice had ordered to put the name of Rao Anwar on Exit Control List (ECL) after the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) barred the suspended police officer from going abroad at the Islamabad airport.
Strict security measures have been taken around the Karachi registry as Rangers and police have been deployed.
SC summons Rao Anwar, orders name to be put on ECL 12:56 PM | 23 Jan, 2018
ISLAMABAD - The Supreme Court of Pakistan on Tuesday ordered former senior superintendent of police (SSP) Malir Rao ...
On January 12, a police encounter took place in Shah Latif Town of Karachi under the supervision of Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Malir Rao Anwar. During this shoot-out, four alleged members of banned outfit Tahreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) were killed. Amongst these four alleged terrorists was 27-years-old Naseemullah, alias Naqeeb Mehsud.
Ever since his killing, disputed claims have emerged from his family that Naqeeb was abducted on 3rd January and his killing is extrajudicial. These claims have caused a social media uproar.
After the social media uproar against the ‘extrajudicial encounter’ of Naqeeb, Chairman PPP Bilawal Bhutto Zardari has ordered an inquiry into the case as more details pointing towards mysterious circumstances emerge.
Upon Bilawal's direction, Sindh's Home Miniter Sohail Anwar Siyal has appointed DIG Police South Zone, Karachi, to conduct an iquiry into the matter and to submit findings within 15 days.
On Friday, The investigation team headed by Counter-Terrorism Department Additional IG Sanaullah Abbasi submitted the report to Naqeebullah and two others were picked up from Sohrab Goth on January 3.
It said that the police released the two except Naqeebullah, adding that the statements of freed persons have also been recorded. It adds that all the officials involved in the incident have gone into hiding.
New Investigation Team
The committee will be headed by Additional IG Aftab Pathan, while SSP Javed Riaz and SSP Adeel Chandio and Abid Qaimkhani will be members of the team.
- Pakistan reports 4,340 new Covid infections, positivity ratio shoots ...09:28 AM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:08 AM | 17 Jan, 2022
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 17 January 202208:41 AM | 17 Jan, 2022
- First locally transmitted Omicron case reported in Beijing ahead of ...11:15 PM | 16 Jan, 2022
- 'It was a difficult time for us, especially Zara!' Asad Siddiqui ...10:10 PM | 16 Jan, 2022
- Anushka Sharma pens emotional note for Virat Kohli as he steps down ...06:13 PM | 16 Jan, 2022
- Coke Studio 14: Abida Parveen and Naseebo Lal’s warm interaction ...05:30 PM | 16 Jan, 2022
- Hareem Farooq’s latest photos leave fans stunned04:44 PM | 16 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021