Pathankot Attack: Three suspects remanded into CTD custody
Three accused; Khalid Mahmood, Irshadul Haque and Muhammad Shoaib; were detained from a house near Chand Da Qila bypass in Gujranwala. The CTD officials believe that alleged terrorists were facilitators of those who attacked Indian airbase in January this year.
Earlier an FIR was registered in Pathankot airbase attack case, as part of ongoing investigation into terrorist attack that killed four personnel of Indian military on January 2 this year.
The FIR was registered against unidentified terrorists in Gujranwala Counter Terrorism Police Station under the sections 302, 309 and 301 of Pakistan Penal Code and section 7 of Anti-terrorism Act.
The interior ministry deputy secretary Aitzaz-uddin is main complainant of the FIR, which also states the phone numbers provided by Indian intelligence agencies.
A group of terrorists attacked Indian airbase in Pathankot and killed several military officials. All of the attackers were killed during cleanup operation.
Indian officials blamed that attackers had come from Pakistan and were in contact with the planners in Pakistan during the attack on airbase.
A top level investigation team comprising of Intelligence Bureau officials had been investigating the matter in Pakistan, after India exchanged few leads about involvement of Pakistanis in the attack. The team was also expected to visit India in beginning of March.
Pakistan also took several members of Jaish-e-Mohammad including Moulana Masood Azhar, who according to India planned the attack, into protective custody and registration of FIR indicates that Islamabad plans to formally arrest these people.
- Biden: 'We can't wait any longer' to address climate crisis12:03 PM | 28 Jan, 2021
- Prayer leader butchered inside house in Lahore’s Shalimar11:54 AM | 28 Jan, 2021
- Corruption increases: Pakistan slips four places on global Corruption ...11:13 AM | 28 Jan, 2021
- Pakistan to start Covid-19 vaccination from next week: NCOC chief10:35 AM | 28 Jan, 2021
- Karachi court awards death penalty to man for raping daughter’s ...10:06 AM | 28 Jan, 2021
- Natasha Ali shares her wedding pictures with fans07:43 PM | 27 Jan, 2021
- Faysal Qureshi reacts to news of couple confessing to sexually ...07:32 PM | 27 Jan, 2021
- WATCH – Muneeb Butt shares a heartwarming father-son moment03:57 PM | 27 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021