Panama verdict: SC orders NAB to file references against Sharif family in 6 weeks
The 5-o verdict was announced by a five-judge bench, headed by Justice Asif Saeed Khosa – the same judge who had commenced his dissenting note in the April 20 judgment with a quote from Mario Puzo’s novel The Godfather and declared Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif ‘disqualified’ for being dishonest to the nation.
The court ordered the NAB to file references against Nawaz Sharif, Maryam Nawaz, Hussain Nawaz, Hassan Nawaz, Captain (r) Safdar and Finance Minister Ishaq Dar within two weeks.
The court also disqualified Finance Minister Ishaq Dar and Captain (r) Safdar from office in the landmark decision.
The larger bench also directed the NAB to decide the cases within six months.
- Four Lahore girls, who went missing, say they ‘escape to get ...02:14 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- J.Rashid & Sons opens Pakistan’s first tyre flagship store in Lahore02:10 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Nadia Hussain contracts Covid-1912:44 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Kabul security team gets briefing on alleged abduction of Afghan ...11:34 AM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021