Panama verdict: SC orders NAB to file references against Sharif family in 6 weeks
The 5-o verdict was announced by a five-judge bench, headed by Justice Asif Saeed Khosa – the same judge who had commenced his dissenting note in the April 20 judgment with a quote from Mario Puzo’s novel The Godfather and declared Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif ‘disqualified’ for being dishonest to the nation.
The court ordered the NAB to file references against Nawaz Sharif, Maryam Nawaz, Hussain Nawaz, Hassan Nawaz, Captain (r) Safdar and Finance Minister Ishaq Dar within two weeks.
The court also disqualified Finance Minister Ishaq Dar and Captain (r) Safdar from office in the landmark decision.
The larger bench also directed the NAB to decide the cases within six months.
- Pay for Your Honda Car Instantly with HBL Mobile!02:45 PM | 17 Jun, 2021
- State Bank limits free online transfers to Rs 25,000 per month02:35 PM | 17 Jun, 2021
- Transparent elections only possible through electronic voting: PM ...02:10 PM | 17 Jun, 2021
- Kinza Hashmi believes marriage is not the sole purpose of life01:55 PM | 17 Jun, 2021
- Famous Saudi chain AlBAIK opens in Dubai11:52 PM | 16 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021