Government focusing on bringing Fata into national mainstream: PM Abbasi
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi has reaffirmed that the government was committed to bring Federally Administered Tribal Areas (Fata) at par with other regions of the country.
He stated this at a briefing about the Ministry of States and Frontier Regions, adding that settlement of the Temporarily Displaced Persons (TDPs) of the tribal areas was among the top priorities of the government.
He also showed satisfaction over the work accomplished for the rehabilitation of the displaced persons, besides appreciating the sacrifices rendered by them during war on terror.
The Prime Minister was informed during the meeting that government has spent Rs52.9 billion so far on the displaced people, while the process is underway.
Out of 237,000 families, there are only 16,000 remaining for repatriation, the PM was informed. Around 1.4 million registered Afghan refugees are still staying in Pakistan, Radio Pakistan reported.
- Coronavirus — Pakistan to open four western borders from Sunday10:47 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- UAE allows citizens, residents to travel abroad09:53 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- COAS Bajwa expresses grief over loss of lives in Sheikhupura train ...09:04 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran says 'excellent' CPEC project to be completed at any cost08:21 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Private college teacher arrested for allegedly raping, filming ...08:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects to the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan passes away at 7110:50 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Kashmiri lives also matter, says Mehwish Hayat10:15 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020